Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Filming yesterday



Filming

Yesterday, I went out shooting my film. I had the intention of finishing the film.

I encounted a problem with transport at first because I forgot to ask my friend, who's acting to give me lift to her house where I'm filming. So we started filming later than I expected.

Filming went very well and my friend acted brilliantly, even when she was tired from her own uni work. I got as much footage as I can but we had to stop because of lighting issues and the house was getting louder because my friend's younger sister came home from school. So at the end I didn't finish the film.

Post Production

When was about to start editing, I looked at the footage that I shot and I found a major continuity mistake. I found that the actress was sitting in a particular position and then the cuts afterwords, she sat differently. Also, the lighting didn't right because it was shaded in a different color and it was too dark. Here is an example of these mistakes:




























I am hoping to film next week on Tuesday. So before then, I will ask if I can borrow some lighting equipment and test it in the college before using it. I would to use a particular colored gel because the previous lighting gave out a certain color and I would like that to match with the previous colors. So I would like to also test this before using it properly.

Here's what I want the image to look like:





My biggest thing I have learned through out yesterday was not to have the expectation to finish the film in the day, no matter how much I have filmed. Always think I'll shoot as much as I can.

Hopefully the next shoot will be better.


No comments:

Post a Comment