Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Drama Review

One Foot In The Grave:

To be honest I wasn't keen on the humor  but in filming sense it was very good. I don't think I could watch another episode because I didn't like the character Victor Meldrew. But I really like the choice of angles in this one setting. I also like the way the dramatic part came into it by the use of non diegetic music. Overall, I didn't think it was the best but filming wise, it succeeded.

Talking Heads:
This I thought was very good. I really like the effect of Julie Walter's character explaining what's happening in front of camera. It gives the effect that she's talking to me. I also like the way the cuts last for a long time so she can explain what's going on. It's very subtle the way her character changes because she finds that her husband is a killer, this was very effective the way that the changes happen very slowly. The use of lighting really worked for the sense of mood. Very good episode.

The Streets: Domestic Abuse

The idea for the story has been used before. It reminded of the film Nil By Mouth with Ray Winston and Cathy Burke. Even though it's been used, it still came out very effective and kept me on the edge of my seat. You can connect with the characters and feel for them. The violence is personal but I like the way it doesn't shove it in your face. Filming was excellent with very good angles. I really like the use of dark and sought of grimy lighting which really helps to set the mood. At times it is hard to watch but it still kept me hooked. Very good episode.

No comments:

Post a Comment