Thursday, September 20, 2012

Coming Up- New Cross review

During today, on Channel4.com, I watched an episode from the TV series, Coming Up. It was called New Cross.

To begin with, the acting was great and made the characters very convincing and made us care for them. But I wish I got to know them a little bit more.

The filming was brilliant. Some really excellent shots with very good editing.

Now the story, yes it was good, but I felt I've seen something like this before, for example, the films Notes On A Scandal and An Education. But other than that, it was good. But the ending was, I thought a bit rushed because at the end, the main character gets beaten up by a couple of thugs, wakes up the next morning and sits down next to a travel agency like poster, showing paradise. Maybe that was a sign that he was going away, I don't know. I reckon they should have made that clearer. Also, I wish there was more explanation for the thugs. Were they robbing him? Again, I don't know, I wish that was explained.

Overall, it was pretty good. I hope David Stoddart makes more films because he's got a great vision. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment