Sunday, February 17, 2013

Yesterday's Filming and Today's Plans

Yesterday's Filming

Yesterday, during the afternoon. I re-filmed the shots of my Stephen King book collection, film collection etc for the opening sequence for my documentary.

This time I used the Z1 camera and a tripod. By using these, the shots came out much clearer.

It took some time to prepare because at first I was using my mum's tripod that is originally for her digital SLR camera. I fit the Z1 one on the tripod and it fit really well. I wanted to use a shot where the camera is panning down through my book collection. I found that this didn't work because the mechanism on the tripod that moves it up and down was very stiff and would create jurky movements. So this ment that I had to use the panning to the right shot, which was fine by me.

To do this shot, I put underneath the tripod a black laptray that can easily slide across my carpet. This is what it looked like with my film collection:


I pressed the record button, held the tray and slowly slid it to the left to create a nicely paced panning shot. This at the end worked out really successfully.



Today's Plans

What I'm going to do today is film some more shots of my books for the opening sequence of my documentary. I was going to do it last night but there wasn't enough lighting. Since today has beautiful sunshine, this should work a treat :D

No comments:

Post a Comment