Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Foli sounds and establishing shots finally done!


Monday

During this time, I concentrated on creating some foli sounds for my film. All I wanted was footsteps because the footage that contained running footsteps didn't work because of the ratteling of the boom mic in the background. So I though I could add them in.

I did this by going outside in my back garden and using the Z1 camera. I used the boom mic and pointed it straight at my feet, moved them and recorded them at the same time. To help this, I put on my boots to create a loud footstep sound. Here is an image of me getting prepared:


This day I thought went very successfull because I created some sounds that could be useful for my film.


Yesterday

During that afternoon, I finally finsihed creating the foli sounds and also filmed some estblishing shots for the beginning of the film.

For the foli sounds, I went back to using my trainers because in the film, I used my trainers for the stalker. For all the background sounds, I actually went back to the brook and filmed my footsteps there. This was slightly challenging because there was a rubbish truck in the background. So I had to wait for a bit. But then when the truck was gone, time was mine! The foli sounds came out really well through out the footage, which is great because they will really work for the film.

For the estblishing shots, I went near the end of Chestnut Road (near where I live) and filmed a shot of the street there. It took some time to prepare because I wanted to make sure that the image looked good. I wanted to use a shot of where the image would be zoomed in and then it would zoom out to view the whole of the road. I used the manual zoom to begin with but I wanted a particular speed to the zoom, so I found out how to switch it back to automatic. Here is an image of the switch to change to manual or automatic:

 
I finally got the shot I wanted and it looks really good on the footage. I wanted to refilm these shots to begin with because on the previous footage, the weather was brighter than the previous footage. This would mean bad continuety. But these shots that I have refilmed look alot better.
 
Also, I have now caught up with the paperwork that is needed for the film aswell so now I feel prepared for this upcoming exam.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment