Thursday, January 31, 2013

Yesterday's Interview and last nights live event at StaffsTV



Documentary Interview

Yesterday, I got everything prepared for my upcoming interviews. The studio was set up and the paperwork was up to date. I was expecting two interviews and one turned up. I told him what the documentary was about and what sort of questions I was going to ask. He was really interested in taking part. Unfortunately he was 15 minutes late but the interview itself didn't take as long as I thought it would. The interview itself, I thought, went very well. I took two takes of it so I can choose which take to have.

I then took a shot of the interviewee reading a Stephen King book I borrowed from the library. This is for a quick action shot for the documentary.

I met the second interviewee after I completed the first interview. He apologized for not coming because he didn't have any update on what was going on. This I blame myself because I didn't ask him for his email address. So we exchanged mobile numbers. This way, I can keep in contact to give him updates.


Last night's live event with StaffsTV

Last night, I joined the StaffsTV group at the uni campus. We had to film a live show that was being aired at many parts of the country. So this was a bigger show and this time there were two sets to film at. I was at the Legend's Lounge set which is just next door to the studio. The Legend's Lounge was where we had to film live bands and solo artists. My role for the night was to be camera assistant. I was at the front of the stage where there was a crew member doing tracking shots. I was next to him and I had to help clear the track of cables. I kept hold of them and tracked with him so that we can have a smooth tracking shot.

There were a few hiccups with the event, for example, one of the live streams at another uni in the country went down, so we had to have that live stream aswell and bad signal with our live feed etc. But other than that, I think it was a successful night.

No comments:

Post a Comment